Welcome back to our annual SOGI Educator Summit!
This year’s program promises to be 2.5 days of learning, networking, and connecting. Despite the uncertainty and disruption around us, we have been working to ensure that this year’s Summit will be as successful, if not better, than last year’s by presenting it VIRTUALLY. We hope you’ll join us!
The theme for this year’s Summit is ‘Adapting to Change Together.’ Individually, we adapt to how we think about things, and the way we work. Collectively, we can accomplish so much more.
Register now for the 2020 Summit online and get access to 2.5 days full of SOGI programming.
Registration is FREE for SOGI Leads in British Columbia and the Alberta regions that are working in partnership with ARC and SOGI 1 2 3. The deadline for registration is October 19th, so don’t wait and register now!
Program Overview: All program details will be available upon registration.
Monday Oct 26th
- Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Indigenous Perspectives on SOGI: A round-table of Indigenous educators
- SOGI Summits & Forums: Delivering Conferences for students and staff in your school, district, or region.
- Branching Out: Conceptualizing SOGI Inclusive Units in Primary and Early Intermediate Grades
Tuesday Oct 27th
- Whose Stories are on Your RADAR™? Teaching Tools to Select Intersectional QT/BIPOC Literature with Confidence
- Change Making: Transforming your vision into reality
- At the Intersection of Autistic & LGBTQ+ Identity: A panel discussion about the struggles and joys of living at the intersection of these identities.
Wednesday Oct 28th
- Supporting SOGI Leads and Teams: From training and recruitment through SOGI leadership and committees.
- SOGI For All Educators: Understanding the SOGI-inclusive needs of librarians, counsellors, athletics departments, and more.
- Closing Remarks & Next Steps
What to Expect
Due to COVID-19, we will be hosting this event virtually through Zoom. ASL Interpretation and/or Live Captioning will be available as needed. Please inform us in advance if you need these, or any other services that can be helpful in making the sessions more accessible to you.
Please visit ARC Foundation or SOGI 1 2 3 for more information about SOGI-inclusive education, events and opportunities. For specific questions, feel free to reach out to Scout Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank TD Bank Group as a returning sponsor for this year’s Summit. Their support makes it possible for us to further the quality training and networking resources at this event as we continue our journey towards SOGI-inclusive understanding and exchange.